Monday 2 February 2009

Middle


One month into the new year and I'm (Brian) feeling distinctly middle-aged.

Firstly, I'm actually getting quite excited about having some new windows fitted (I know how sad). Then watching the weather forecast and seeing the symbol for snow did I think great time for snowballs and sledging?....No, my first thought was to have a word with Simon-car-share to arrange what we were going to do about getting into work. Then I recently found myself (after years of resistance) listening to (and enjoying) Tom Jones - I even got his new album at Christmas. With the allotment (yes I am looking forward to digging the ground over and tuning in to gardeners world on a Friday evening again) and looking at estate cars and wondering what the boot capacity of the new Ford Espace 307 might be and complaining about people who ride bikes at night without lights and starting to feel that Chris Moyles is not as funny as he used to be and the fact that I can't remember the last time I knew what was Number One in the charts and thinking that Kenneth Clarke would make a good prime minister....there is no hope for me.


I'll get me pipe and slippers.........

No comments: